Driver Theory Test
After you apply to the Driver Theory Test Centre to sit your Driver Theory Test.
You can get a list of all the questions in the Official Driving Theory Test book or on CD-ROM available in any good bookstore or on the internet.
Apply online: www.dtts.ie or Phone: 1890 606 106
Having passed your theory test you can now apply for your Learner’s Permit. You will need this learners permit to legally drive on the road.
Applications for the learner permit can be sought at your local Motor Tax Office in Tralee or at your local Garda Station be it in Killarney, Tralee, Caherciveen or Killorglin.
This form is not available online.
You will need written on the back of your application form with a checklist. These are:
- Your theory test pass certificate.
- The fee (€15).
- The completed application form.
- An eyesight report (Form D502) from your GP or your optician, and a medical report (Form D501) (if applicable).
- Two passport sized photographs which need to be signed on the back.
After this you will be issued with a receipt of application.
This is not a learner permit. You should receive your permit within 10 days.
When you do received your learner’s permit you are ready to start taking driving lessons.
Applying for your Driving Test
Applying for your Driving Test there are a few things you need to know:
- You must have held your first Learner Permit for six months or more on the day of your test.
- Completed all 12 EDT lessons
- If the learner permit is under six months, your examiner will not conduct the test, you will also lose your test fee and will have to re-apply for your test.
- You must be insured to drive the vehicle in which you are driving the day of your test.
- If you do not own a car, rent the car to you on the day of your test.
Once you have completed your driving lessons and you feel you’re driving is now at a competent standard, then it’s time to apply for your driving test.
Please see below for ways in which to apply:
- You can apply online at Driving Test.ie
- You can pick up the application form from your local Garda station/tax office or library in Kerry.
Note: might be a cancellation and you could get a test date sooner than you expected.